Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
Makes enough for one pound of pasta.
- 1/2 heaping cup raw cashews
- 1 large can (28oz) whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Soak cashews in boiling water for at least 20 minutes if you have a high speed blender. If you do not have a high speed blender soak for at least 4 hours or over night.
- Drain cashews.
- Add all ingredients, including the tomatoes' juice, to blender and blend on high for at least one minute. Make sure there are no chunks of cashews left.
- Serve on pasta, but avoid cooking this sauce. It can lose flavor quickly when over cooked.