Also known as a German pancake.
Update 2023-08-12: Reduced flour from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup and increased baking time from 20 minutes to 25-30 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk or plant milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 or 6 eggs
- Lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Fresh lemon or orange juice
- Powdered sugar
- Heat the butter in a cast iron pan in the oven at 400 °F while you make the batter.
- Blend together all the other ingredients for a solid minute.
- Pour into hot cast-iron pan and bake at 400 °F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or orange over the Dutch baby and sprinkle with powdered sugar.