Skip to main content.
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups unsweetened coco powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon soda
- Grease and flour baking pans.
- In a clean dry bowl:
- Measure out flour, salt, and cream of tarter.
- Sift to mix.
- In another bowl:
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add coco powder and mix.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each egg to emulsify butter.
- Add vanilla
- Add the flour mixture alternately with milk mixing until ingredients are
- Mix in boiling water.
- Add baking soda and quickly mix it in. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into well greased and floured baking pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in 350° oven.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk (use more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (use more as needed)
- Beat together cocoa and melted butter in a large bowl until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sifted confectioners’ sugar until desired consistency.