Joshua's Banana Bread V2
My own spiced version of banana bread. It's fairly sweet but still light and filling enough to have as a snack.
- Wet side
- 2 pcs (266g) Over Ripe Banana
- 1/2 cup (96.5g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp (0g?) Nutmeg Powder
- 1 tsp (6.5g) Vanilla Extract
- Dry side
- 1/2 tsp (3.5g) Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (3.5g) Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp (1g) Salt
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) Whole Wheat Flour
- Some seeds and/or nuts for texture
- Some more brown sugar to dust on top
- Set oven to preheat at 350F.
- Mash up bananas and mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together. Don't over mix, we do not want to develop the gluten.
- Optionally, mix in nuts and seeds.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Optionally, sprinkle a layer of sugar on top for a crunchy crust.
- Cook in 350F oven until it is done (about 45 minutes). To check for doneness stab a skewer or knife into the center and then pull it out. If it comes out mostly clean, the bread is done.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan. At least 10 minutes.
- Cut up and serve or refrigerate for later.