Joshua's Banana Bread V2
My own spiced version of banana bread. It’s fairly sweet but still light and filling enough to have as a snack.
Update 2022-08-14: I doubled the ingredient amounts because I usually make double batches anyway.
- 4 pcs over ripe banana
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- Some seeds and/or nuts for texture
- Some more brown sugar to dust on top
- Set oven to preheat at 350 °F.
- Mash up bananas and mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together. Don’t over mix, we do not want to develop the gluten.
- Optionally, mix in nuts and seeds.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Optionally, sprinkle a layer of sugar on top for a crunchy crust.
- Cook in 350 °F oven until it is done (about 45 minutes). To check for doneness stab a skewer or knife into the center and then pull it out. If it comes out mostly clean, the bread is done.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan. At least 10 minutes.
- Cut up and serve or refrigerate for later.