Lemon & Blueberry Scones
For the batter:
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 pods of cardamon (Ground if not using a high powered blender)
- 1.5 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Blueberries (Other berries may also be good)
For the frosting:
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of lemon extract (Can use zest and juice instead)
- Set oven to preheat at 350°F.
- Remove shells from cardamon.
- Add all ingredients for the batter except the berries into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and mixed.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan.
- Press berries into batter and cover with more batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put powdered sugar and lemon extract into a small bowl.
- Use a sandwich bag instead of a bowl for a poor-man's piping bag.
- Slowly mix in water until frosting is creamy but still thick.
- Let scone cool on a rack.
- Move scone to plate and add frosting.