Lemon & Blueberry Scones
Update 2023-09-05: Added details to ingredients list.
For the batter:
- 1 can (about 15 oz) of cannellini beans (Other kidney beans work, but they will color the batter)
- liquid from the can of beans or an equivalent amount of water
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 pods of cardamon (Ground if not using a high powered blender)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 24 to 36 Blueberries (Other berries may also be good)
For the frosting:
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp of lemon extract (Can use zest and juice instead)
- Set oven to preheat at 350 °F.
- Remove shells from cardamon.
- Add all ingredients for the batter except the berries into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and mixed.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan.
- Press berries into batter and cover with more batter.
- Bake at 350 °F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put powdered sugar and lemon extract into a small bowl.
- Use a sandwich bag instead of a bowl for a poor-man’s piping bag.
- Slowly mix in water until frosting is creamy but still thick.
- Let scone cool on a rack.
- Move scone to plate and add frosting.