My mom's new recipe for pancakes. It's supposed to be whole food plant-based, or at least closer to it than what we used to eat.
I don't measure anything but this is close. You can add more or less of each ingredient. I only figured this out recently...the chickpea flour makes it more fluffy. I usually add walnuts and blueberries. And for my guys I add chocolate chips to each one after I pour onto the nonstick pan. Remember, to poke and cover the chocolate chips with a little batter until they are covered so when you flip, the chocolate will not scorch.
Not sure if you know this but Trader Joe's chocolate chips are vegan.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups plant milk
- Chopped walnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Mash banana in bowl.
- Mix all other batter ingredients except milk.
- Add milk until it's a good pourable consistency.
- Mix in all chunky ingredients except for chocolate such as nuts and berries.
- Pour into pan.
- Add chocolate chips and poke them into the pancakes so that they are covered with batter and don't burn.
- Flip occasionally until done.