Peanut Lettuce Noodles
Oh man this is good! This may be the best Thai inspired noodles that I have made. I made this on a whim so the recipe is not sensitive nor that specific.
- spaghetti or noodles
- lettuce or salad greens (Use a lot. Almost twice the noodles by volume. They wilt down more than you’d expect.)
- red onion
For the sauce:
- garam masala
- ginger powder
- chipotle or liquid smoke
- peanut butter
- Cook noodles in the usual way. Stop when slightly under cooked.
- Drain noodles, but keep a little bit of the liquid in the pot.
- Add garlic, onion, and salad mix to noodles.
- Steam the vegetables until starting to wilt.
- This is to take the raw edge off of the onion and garlic.
- Mix in the sauce and heat through.
- Try mixing the peanut butter and miso into a small bit of water to loosen them up before adding to the main pot.
- Serve with squeeze of lime.